Infrastructure and Monitoring
TerpSys provides server design, installation, and management for all server platforms and network operating systems (NOS). Our approach stresses flexibility, scalability, and enterprise-wide standardization where possible and desirable. It includes:
- Strategic planning
- Physical and virtual server builds, deployments, maintenance, and support
- Cabling and switch management in compliance with Federal standards
- Access control
- Unified communications integrating instant messaging, telephony, data sharing, and video conferencing
- Facilities management to ensure server rooms stay within established thresholds for temperature, humidity, and power consumption
- 24x7 monitoring
- On-call response for failed network components and services
- Network maintenance
- End user notifications
TerpSys monitors systems usage statistics using native operating systems tools and third-party software. We gather information and statistics for use in capacity planning and performance reporting. We analyze availability, system utilization, CPU usage, memory usage, and storage consumption for trending and forecasting. Our goal is to maintain optimal performance and to avoid system crashes and data loss.
TerpSys provides our customers with timely, accurate, and relevant system and network reports. We generate some reports manually, pooling information from multiple systems and adding our analysis. When possible, we work to automate reports, allowing consistent distribution via email at agreed upon timeframes as well as ad hoc reporting by need or customer request.